What's this for on the tool bar?

B3B3 Posts: 15,811
edited October 2018 in Problem solving
 </>That's my question :)
In London. Keen but lazy.

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 4,050
    It says it "Toggles HTML view"

I have no idea what that actually means though 
    “It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.” ― Terry Pratchett
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 66,139
    I expect @NoraGW knows  B)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• MarlorenaMarlorena East AngliaPosts: 4,218
    :mrgreen: If you click on that icon it switches the comment box to HTML, so then you have more options to include rather silly smily type things like the one I've put up here... it gives a greater range than available using the 'smiley' icon... after clicking on the toggle, just type a colon : and up pops a box with smiley options, but if you then click on any letter, you get a whole lot more... if this is your thing of course...
  • NoraWNoraW Posts: 393
    Hi guys,

You don't need to pay it much attention :) If you have HTML coding skills, you can edit your text to do a range of things.

e.g. I can make my text pink!
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,947
    It means that you can edit the HTML (ie the 'Hyper Text Markup Language) - the code that makes your post appear as it does. It encodes whether the text is italic, for instance, or where an image appears. It's handy to use if you know HTML (I do) but not much use if you don't. But @NoraGW, please don't take it away!
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
    So, if I type this, for instance, what will appear in the HTML is <i>this</i>

The <i> tag tells the web page to start displaying italics, and the </i> tells it when to stop. 

Hope that helps?
    - Cicero
  • NoraWNoraW Posts: 393
    Don't worry, I won't take it away!
  • B3B3 Posts: 15,811
    Thanks all. My curiosity is sated . My knowledge of HTML is what's above  :)
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    NoraGW said:
    Ha ha! I hope you wrote all that in raw HTML  ;) (and if you did,  I don't envy you!)
    - Cicero
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,622
    LG_ said:
    NoraGW said:
    Ha ha! I hope you wrote all that in raw HTML  ;) (and if you did,  I don't envy you!)

It's easy when you copyandpaste!