Forum home The potting shed

Hello Forkers - SEPTEMBER 2018

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 16,982

Hello all.

Only 4° this morning so not swimming in a river today, Fairy.

I think Prickly Bottom is a brilliant name, Aunty Rach.

OH has been very busy stacking logs and mowing. I did help stack logs, but he did more than me. I feel lazy today. Have sprayed some weedkiller on the drive, done some washing and sorted some clothes to take to Italy on Tuesday. Going to Lake Maggiore for 5 days, will take a week as we are driving.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Hello BusyL, morning wrong worrying having a lazy day, I'm trying top give my day today feel bubby doing things then having cup of tea breaks in between! 😉 I hope you have a lovely time in Italy and a safe and drive there, I remember a family holiday to Florence when I was a car sick seven year old! Remember Dove? Amazing views although we may have felt safer if papa womble was looking at the roads, Being it driver!
    Cup of tea break time whilst aubergine is roasting and washing up is soaking. 
  • No edit function now, so the last post should have read, nothing wrong with having a lazy day!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 72,918
    @WonkyWomble ... nowadays you get the edit function by clicking on the little cog / daisy wheel at the top right of your  post
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,436
    Hello everyone.   Bright and sunny again and still dry.  Been busy baking a spiced carrot cake for patchwork tomorrow and cleaning the kitchen.  Next job is tidying away the pile of white fabrics I've been using to cut out bits of moon.  Mega cleaning going on as we have guests coming for a few days and they're mildly asthmatic so minimum dust and dog hair required.

Haven't been to Italy for years now Busy but love it.  Hope you have a great time and enjoy the drive.  It would be 12 hours for us so a stopover required.

Don't do breakfast but have just had smoked trout on multi-cereal baguette with horseradish.  Yum.  Coffee now and then back to the cleaning.

Hope you all have the weather you need for today's plans.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 10,377
    We should be in bed by now, but entranced with the bike race. Only 46 km to go, so will be able to turn off then. World championship in Austria. Nice mountains. 

S. E. NSW
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 40,898
    I agree BL - I think you deserve several lazy days. Have a wonderful trip - I'm very jealous  :)
    Wonks - you'll have to up the ante on the hog house front. Mine is now a detached bungalow with ensuite. You'll need to install a porch and verandah at the very least  :D
    Cups of tea between 'work' is vital. In fact - it should be a law.
    That cake sounds just the ticket Obs. Where's that 'sticky out tongue' smiley when you need it?
    Needed some stuff from the shed, but a goldie appeared, plus a young robin in the cage, so I thought I'd wait. Of course, the two of 'em sat there for ages, so I had to have a cuppa and watch them...  ;)  
    Rain came on as soon as the washing was out, so I had to keep on 'house building' inside. Think my kitchen will need a very thorough clean when I'm done.
    Good strong breeze though, so the washing has a chance of drying, and I might actually get some other outdoor stuff done too.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

Does anyone know which conifers there are beside the road in Austria. They aren’t pines. Maybe Spruce? 

S. E. NSW
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,436
    There's a lot of pinus nigra, spruce and larch if memory serves me well from skiing trips.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    Thanks Pbelixx. I’m fairly sure they weren’t pine. The branches turn up at thevends
    anyway, a very exciting finish + Valverde again.  Ist go to bed. 
    😴
    S. E. NSW
This discussion has been closed.