Forum home Tools and techniques

Quick questionnaire based on storage for equipment and permaculture

I’m doing my coursework for GCSE graphics and need to do research into my topic. I’m interested in the ideas of permaculture especially the idea of sharing gardening supplies in a community and how nature can be incorporated into design. I would really appreciate if you could spare the time to fill in this questionnaire, thank you so much!

• Here is the link to the questionnaire, it only takes a minute to complete! Thanks again!! https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/JFYM3FZ
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 27,621
    done.
    Devon.
  • Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 1,325
    Done  :)
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 8,760
    There are various 'library of things' around the place, where you can borrow stuff like camping gear and tools. Frome runs one that is very active. They are inspired by places like Vancouver, Toronto and Berlin that run them. Article here.

Ideas like this, the Community Fridge Network, Olio and Repair Cafes are so important. My neighbourhood does a lot of tool sharing, which works well. We have a very active 'Buy, Sell, Swap' group on Facebook with 16 000 members and a small local email group of neighbours with about 6000 people who share tools and run a community garden. We do plant, seed and cutting swaps too. Slowly, slowly people are beginning to reclaim their front gardens with confidence and even grow veg in them. Though more are being subsumed by driveways.

Good luck with your project.
  • Jules41Jules41 Posts: 178
    All done and good luck with your studies. 
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 3,646
    Done!  Good luck with the GCSE. 
    It would be great if you could come back and share your findings, but I guess that might not be allowed since it's for GCSE.
  • SkandiSkandi Northern DenmarkPosts: 1,083
    Done, I assumed however that by "tools" you also meant larger items like rotovators etc etc, sharing a hoe would be impractical for me but less used items sure.
  • Hampshire HogHampshire Hog HampshirePosts: 330
    Done.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."
  • Thank you all so much! Your results and extra info have been very helpful for my project!!!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 68,176
    @olivia.baker2003 Best of luck with it  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh