Forum home Garden design

Head's Up

I went to visit Great Dixter yesterday, had a lovely time. Even more so when I bumped into Carol Klein. She was doing some filming there. She told me that in the spring next year their will be a new gardening programme on Channel Five. They will be visiting four gardens in each of the four seasons. I thought that my fellow gardeners would like to know about it. 

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 31,334
    Thank you very much for the 'heads up' Jacqueline.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • NanniemoNanniemo Posts: 208
    That’s great news, thanks 😊
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 17,535
    Lucky you, I would love to meet Carol Klein.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Mark56Mark56 Windsor, BerkshirePosts: 1,653
    edited August 2018
    That’s great news! I loved her seasonal series at Glebe Cottage. The transitioning of a garden throughout the year really interests me. 
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 7,846
    Me too, can't wait ! 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 69,080
    That sounds really interesting ... thanks ... and lucky you ... I'm a huge fan of Carol Klein ... she's a former art teacher you know  B)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 7,846
    Got to love an art teacher, eh, Dove ?  :)
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 28,121
    We used to have a regular "date" with Carol at Hampton Court every year. She always remembered us despite the huge numbers of folk she met through the year.
    Devon.
    Hostafan1 said:
    We used to have a regular "date" with Carol at Hampton Court every year. She always remembered us despite the huge numbers of folk she met through the year.
    I'm not surprised @Hostafan1 .... once seen, never forgotten .................. duck

;)<3 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

AnniD said:
    Got to love an art teacher, eh, Dove ?  :)
    Absolutely @AnniD B)