Forum home The potting shed

EUTHANASIA

pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,007
Further to the discussion about killing things for food, who is in favour of being allowed to end their own life prematurely?

Ignore the arguments about gold diggers and pressure to do oneself in.

Only this:

If you found yourself in an unbearable physical state, and were not able to kill yourself, would you want the choice to end it all with the aid of a competent person and in a dignified manner?

EUTHANASIA 36 votes

Yes
97% 35 votes
No
2% 1 vote
Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.

• Valley GardenerValley Gardener Posts: 1,931
    What's this got to do with Gardening?
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234
    It's in the potting shed. We can talk about whatever we like, life, the universe, and everything.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,007
    edited July 2018
    Valley Gardener,

Nothing at all to do with gardening (unless I decide that the way to go is by bashing myself over the head with my spade)😊

You can talk about anything you like, unless you want to sell something or give us all a crash course in Chinese.

If any subject offends you, ignore it. In this case, it’s not a compulsory questionnaire, just a matter of interest to me. I suppose I could go out into the town and ask people but it’s much easier to ask people here, especially as it’s so hot.

If any person offends you, ignore then. There’s a special button for People Who Are To Be Ignored. 

I don’t know, MU. It annonnimus.😊
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 4,065
    Having watched 2 close family members die by inches, it's not a difficult choice really.
    “It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.” ― Terry Pratchett
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 8,850
    Big Yes from me.
    Walk out to winter, swear I'll be there.
    Chill will wake you, high and dry
    You'll wonder why.
  • Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 1,861
    Definitely..........it is actually happening, slowly, in hospices throughout the country.  Why the whole process cannot be speeded up is difficult to understand.  I often wonder if it is because of some religious thinking..........Jesus died in pain for us (if you believe certain religious teachings) so we in turn must suffer also?  
    Well, I’m not having anyone nail me to a cross....
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Yes.
    SW Scotland
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,646
    Surely if there was a god, he, or she wouldn't subject folk to unending pain and misery?
    Surely "god" would banish pain and disease and we'd all just die in our sleep in ripe old age? 
    Devon.