Why Vale? An unusual find in my GC...one for the ladies!

2»

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,117
    MrsGlaze said:
     I remember the school tracing toilet paper, another eye watering moment!
    And folding it around a comb and then 'humming'through it to make a sort of mouth organ sound, and make your lips feel all buzzy ... did you do that?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

• B3B3 Posts: 10,003
    NOW WASH YOUR HANDS PLEASE
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,278
    edited June 2018
    MrsGlaze said:
     I remember the school tracing toilet paper, another eye watering moment!
    And folding it around a comb and then 'humming'through it to make a sort of mouth organ sound, and make your lips feel all buzzy ... did you do that?
    We were a more refined family, I always played a comb with my dad's fag papers.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,117
    lol
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,125
    For our 27 year olds😀. So if you can get some scratchy loo roll you can make your own😀

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 2,767
    The memory of the tracing paper loo roll!! Not sure why waterproof paper was such a hit!? 
    Re the sanitary products - I have seen this in pubs and hotels etc quite a few times.  I think most ladies wouldn’t see them as freebies to be pocketed, unlike little soaps/creams/sweets. Maybe a member of staff has been motivated by the recent stories about ‘period poverty’. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,368
    I was going to say that. Period poverty is becoming more headlined these days. Free pads can be a lifesaver for some. I would guess not those going to posh restaurants, but every little helps.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,251
    Well I have no first hand experience of periods or period poverty but reusable sanitary items are pretty cheap and common these days.

Also the BBC need to vet the wording in their period poverty quotes a bit better :#:smile:

"But what we do need to do is plug gaps where - in some schools they don't have sanitary bins, and they should be providing that as a matter of course."