Why Vale? An unusual find in my GC...one for the ladies!

The user and all related content has been deleted.

• Blue OnionBlue Onion Posts: 1,783
    I think it's lovely of them, for ladies that are caught out.  Better than a wad of toilet paper, and a quick exit and journey back home.  I wish there were more businesses like that (and that some people wouldn't ruin it for all by filling their handbag with such complementary items).  
    Utah, USA.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 22,366
    I applaud this move but fear, like Blue Onion, that some, NOT ALL will abuse it. 
    After travelling around India I used to wonder why you rarely found toilet roll in loos:  " the backpackers nick it whenever they find it" was the answer. 
    To this day , I always carry the last 1/4 of a toilet roll with me. ( you never know )
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,692
    edited June 2018
    I don't think it's that unusual ... after all sanitary products have been available to buy from machines in most Ladies' loos for years. I can only imagine that with the changes in price and coinage etc some places have decided that it's cheaper to provide them for free and trust their customers not to exploit them,  rather than update the machines.  I've seen the same done in the loos of hotels and restaurants.  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 22,366
    Just for balance, lots of men's loos in gay pubs in Brighton have free condoms.
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,692
    I've seen that in womens loos in various pubs, motorway hotel-type places etc too Hosta.  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,236
    Sweeping generalisation here but interesting that honest people are suspicious and wary about such things and dishonest people fill their pockets!
    My old local didn't do free stuff but they did do a wide and varied selection of 'overnight' bits and pieces in the vending machines. Lil tiny toothbrushes in plastic balls being one... Like kinder eggs for dirty stop-outs. :D
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,746
    Wyvale are all up for sale again I think, perhaps it a final push to attract customers, or that one has already been bought and they are trying to make a good impression. 
    Nice idea though, I remember years ago the loos done here were still using tracing paper ( no new fangled soft stuff!) my daughter always stocked up with a few sheets for drawing. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• B3B3 Posts: 10,541
    £5 off and their plants are still too expensive.
    When I saw several plants at youvegottabejoking prices, I just walked out. We just drive past to the independent a few miles away.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.