Our Garden Recipes

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,232
I know we've tried a thread like this before, but now that we can click on the star and Bookmark a thread I thought I'd start another one ... 

We have loads of lettuce in the garden ... today's lunch will be a Lettuce, mint and pea soup ... based on this one 

https://www.riverford.co.uk/recipes/vie ... -mint-soup

but as we have large Little Gems to use up and only half the quantity of peas in the freezer I'm making half the quantity ... we also have a drizzle of single cream left in the fridge so I'll add that and make it just slightly naughtier ... it's taken ten minutes to get to simmering point on the hob, and that includes picking the lettuce and mint, and it's smelling fantastic ... hungry
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FlinsterFlinster Posts: 766
    Great thread idea! Soup sounds great! I use lettuce in an Asian style soup- homemade chicken stock with slices of ginger, Thai green paste, or miso etc and poured over a bowl of thinly sliced raw veggies (lettuce, radish, mushroom etc and noodles and topped with a drizzle of sesame oil! I’d  love to see some chard recipes (other than frittata type and fried with garlic!) I have a glut! Mizuna too... I have lots of red mizuna!
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 4,728
    edited June 2018
    Chard Spanakopita - deeelish!

Recipe here
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,232
    Oh yes :) , I use chard in any recipe where spinach would normally be used ... chard is my favourite vegetable ... we're waiting for this spring's sowing to be ready to pick ... 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FlinsterFlinster Posts: 766
    Pastry and chard... what’s not to like!! Thank you!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,232
    This is another pastry and chard combo that's a favourite here

https://www.crumbsmag.com/recipes/portobello-mushroom-swiss-chard-and-gruyere-tarte/