Forum home The potting shed

D

• FireFire LondonPosts: 6,472
    edited April 2018

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,850
    I was doing OK until the badgers and the daisies turned up.....

Did you ever learn the sentence for typing that goes “The quick brown fox (not phlox!) jumps over the lazy dog”? It uses all the letters of the alphabet.

I await an explanation about badgers and daisies though.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
    edited April 2018
    A bit of spoonering. Sorry quick found brocks, jumped over a daisy log.

edited April 2018
    Not worth losing sleep about, Hazel. Just a lot of nonsense.

Think of LB’s quizzes when she wants to make the word “the” -  Pauline turned the D into a ‘the’.

The rest of it is just one thing leading to another.

I thought of the word “the” beginning a sentence and added “quick”, Fire added “brown” and PP rather unhelpfully added a “phlox” instead of a “fox”.

Then when Lyn complained that her phlox (fox) didn’t jump(as per the typing sentence) PP made a pun on “phlox” “flocks” jumping, in the shape of a lamb.

Etc etc.

I think we are all suffering from cabin fever.

• Daisy33Daisy33 LondonPosts: 1,031
    Whooah @Fire, that was a diffy for a Saturday night. ;)
    Ah, thank you Dr Spooner.🤡
    You're right. It's time to sleep. Sweet dreams.
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,177
    Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs.  All the letters of the alphabet, in a shorter sentence.

My favourite Spoonerism is:. "Please hush my brat; it's roaring with pain outside."

• B3B3 Posts: 13,279
    I posted something and changed my mind. I couldn't find a way to delete it entirely without putting something in the boxes so I hit 'd' at random.
    Anyway, I'm enjoying the verbal equivalent of you all jumping about in my puddle with your new wellies on.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Pauline 7Pauline 7 West Yorkshire Posts: 1,679
    B3 said:
    I posted something and changed my mind. I couldn't find a way to delete it entirely without putting something in the boxes so I hit 'd' at random.
    Anyway, I'm enjoying the verbal equivalent of you all jumping about in my puddle with your new wellies on.
    Save it as a draft,  then delete the draft. ..........but then we couldn't have had the fun we had.