Mike Allen

Has anyone heard anything from or about Mike Allen,  who, until a few weeks ago, was a frequent poster on this forum, and was undergoing cancer treatment.  I wonder how he's doing?

• ShepsSheps Posts: 828
    There's a Mike Allen over on Gardeners Corner, not sure if it's the same fella.

Also, that's where, Verdun seems to spend most of his online gardening time.
  • PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 949
    And Doghouse Riley. It's quite an informative forum. I spent hours reading their dahlia thread last night.
    SW Scotland
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,540
    that seems like 3 reasons at least to avoid that site. ;)
    Devon.
  • Pauline 7Pauline 7 West Yorkshire Posts: 1,484
    I have just had a quick look at that site @Hostafan1 and don't really  like it.  I don't think I will be going back again. 
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,090
    @josusa47. It's normal behaviour for Mike to post for a while then vanish for a few months. He's been doing it for years.

If Sheps has seen him on another forum I'd assume his recovery is going well.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 7,087
    All the trolls together, how nice.
    You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand
    The things you think are precious, i don't understand
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,561
    Fol-dee-rol
    It's hard to love, there's so much to hate
    Hanging on to hope when there is no hope to speak of
  • plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,236
    Fol-dee-rol
    *snort*
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,090
    I hope this thread isn't going to descend into yet another round of name calling and derision.

Being nosey, I went for a look at the Gardeners Corner forum.  Can't see anything wrong with it, seems full of friendly folk chatting away quite happily.
    Saw quite a few familiar screen names that used to post on this GW forum. Shame that they left, but I would only wish them a happy and productive year ahead in their gardens.

There's no need for playground behaviour😞.

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 7,087
    No wish to cause trouble, just intrigued that the 3 names mentioned had all been banned from this site in the past.
    You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand
    The things you think are precious, i don't understand
This discussion has been closed.