New Allotment ...OMG...Part 3...

Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 2,986
This is part 3 of a thread which started a couple of years ago...here is the link if you want to look back...lots of familiar posters...who give good advise...and share their day down on the plot... so if you have an allotment whether just starting out or are an experienced allotmenteer...feel free to drop in... or add to the discussion...   

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 2,986
    Haven't had chance to get to the plot today but the weather seems to be picking up, it got quite hot in the sun today, hope it keeps up till the weekend and I can get my spuds in.

Happy Growing everyone...
  • Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 3,740
    Inspection for my plot tomorrow site reps and allotment council officer, for uncultivated - looks a lot better now even though still loads to do
    Gg. Thanks for putting in the link, I wasn't sure how to..., 
    We had our plot inspections last week, on balance they were all pretty good, Gg...your site must have had their first one of the year early...good luck...  
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 1,307
    Wish our soil was dry enough to put spuds in, champing at the bit here.
    AB Still learning
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 5,681
    Hello , afternoon at plot , not looking too bad , site generally drains well any way 
    Weeded Apragus bed 
    Took clouches off Autumn sewn peas , most didn’t germinate 
    Hopefully there again tomorrow  :)
  • Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 3,740
    Zoomer temp site rep as one of the two really ill, but she is hoping to come back, so temp rep - he wanted to do one quick I guess, we spotted him yesterday up my end doing a pre inspection look with a plot holder - power gone to his head
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 5,681
    Hello , another afternoon at plot , 1st early potatoes 🥔 planted 
    More weeding done , another Onion bed done 
    As ever a few other jobs done , going well 
    Hoping to get there next week  :)
  • Claire LClaire L Posts: 7
    Hello,I’ve just had my allotment for a couple of weeks,very much an amateur! I did start a discussion on another thread and got some good advice. We have managed to dig one bed and will hopefully do another one soon.  The plan is to grow some potatoes first, I’m wondering what else can I grow with the potatoes? Should I add any manure before planting the potatoes? All tips gratefully received!