Forum home The potting shed

programmes to watch

• Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,329
    Lyn said: op
    Just watched the third in the Indus River series, beautiful, I’ve really enjoyed them. 
    I remember Elizabeth pinning him to the table with the knife at the dinner table I think it was.
    Has Regina changed, I don’t think so!  
    @Lyn did you watch last night episode?
    edited March 2018
    TONIGHT
    BBC 1
    Drama of the week
    9pm  Come Home

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,842
    Logan, I watched episode 5 last night, no spoilers, I don’t know which ones you’ve seen so far. 
    i like Christopher Eccleston but I get muddled up when they show from different peoples perspectives.  Did you ever watch The Affair, told from three peoples points of view. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

@Lyn watched episode 10 last night, we watch it on the same day but later on.
    Wednesday is the last one of this series.
    No i haven't seen the Affair.
    Put a recording in for tonight's Come Home.
    Yes I like him too, especially when he was the Dr in Dr who.
  • wild flowerwild flower South West LondonPosts: 78
    I've been enjoying Escape To The Chateau (Ch. 4 - 2nd in the series was on tonight, one more to come!  There is always the ability to catch up on Channel 4 online). 

For those not familiar with this programme, it's about a can-do, pioneering and creative married couple who take on an abandoned French chateau and make constant, substantial and remarkable transformations!  I admire their have-a-go mentality, despite not being experts in many fields that they tackle.   It's inspiring that they are not daunted by the possibility of failing i.e. they take on more than most of us would dream of tackling!  Wonderful stuff!   It's the second series.
    wild flower, I think it's the 4th series. Recently Dick did a series on building a model railway line across part of Scotland. I expect it helped to pay for some of the chateau renovations.
    Ah yes - my memory was not 100% on that!  I think Channel 4 may well have contributed financially in the making of the chateau project i.e. a deal was made.
    A 'weed' is just a plant in the wrong place - subjective! ;)
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,842
    I’ve got lots mounting up to watch, I see there are 12 episodes, wonder if there will be a 6th series. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• wild flowerwild flower South West LondonPosts: 78
    I really enjoyed tonight's edition of The Great Celebrity Bake Off for SU2C.  Such shared hilarity from Lee Mack and his baking efforts/trials (although he seemed to excel himself in the end).  Of course, for the worthy cause of supporting cancer research.  Repeated at 12.10 a.m. on channel 47 or catch it again via the channel 4 website (Catch Up).
    A 'weed' is just a plant in the wrong place - subjective! ;)
    Lyn said:
    I’ve got lots mounting up to watch, I see there are 12 episodes, wonder if there will be a 6th series. 
    Yes there will be a 6th series, but the last.
    THIS AFTERNOON
    BBC 2
    1pm the original Wuthering heights
    1939 BW

@Lyn how are you getting on with A Place to Call Home?