Hello Forkers March 2018

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 48,422

Hello all ... here we are under a duvet of snow and waiting for spring and the new forum to appear .... 

Stay safe in this grim weather,keep warm,  sort your seeds and make your plans ... don't be too impatient ... 

See you on the other side ...

"...tea and toasted buttered currant buns, can't compensate for lack of sun because the summer's all gone..."   Autumn Almanac - Ray Davies

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 2,503

Oh Dove!! Yesterday after noon -6 all day after overnight temp of -12 unheard of here 10 minutes from the sea, I had 2 days no mobile phone, had to swap suppliers/contracts talk talk no longer doing mobiles, desided to go with sky as longterm customer very good deal, did the PAC code, etc, (OK so my techie daughter did it all, put in new sim card when told, NOTHING rang them, they sent new sim card, again nothing! Rang Sky who said phone was locked by t.t. rang them was sent e-mail, phone is a nokia 1800, if nyone out there has ideas, checked Martin Lewies said to put in #06# but you can type anything in, just says sim not reconised.  t.t. site says to put in model of phone, done that says connect USB cable that came with phone to PC and await further instructions, just one slight problems there, the phone does have a cable OR a USB point. So bought new phone nokia 3310, and I broke the b----y sim card trying to put it in, unable to get through to Sky in bonny Scotland, because the call centre works couldnt get to work.4 0 clock I am cold, unheard of for me, heating had gone on at 17d, put it up to 20, nothing happened. Luckily, we have a dimplex electric fire that looks like a log burner, and kept the electric special wall heater in the bathroom, although everyone said we were mad.  Hubyy came in from work, said "Oh, at leas its warmer in here" (he works in a garage door open most of the time) There was just enough water for him to shower.  He checked pressure, the boiler not lighting! Go up today it was 11d indoors, -6 outside, there is an emersion heater (sorry dont know how to spell it) in the airing cupboard we have never used it, dont know if there is power running to it, but have thrown the switch just to see at least I could shower, last night washing up was many kettles.  and yes before anyone says, it is 5 years old, worcester/bosch and servied every year!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 48,422

Pat ... I'm over here ...

"...tea and toasted buttered currant buns, can't compensate for lack of sun because the summer's all gone..."   Autumn Almanac - Ray Davies
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 2,503

meant to say you CANT type anything in, just says emergency calls only, and sim not reckonised

Oh NannyB!!! ((hugs)). Chin up ... snuggle up ... wrap up... hope it all gets sorted very soon 

• Pat EPat E Posts: 7,023

Found you. image

S. E. NSW

image G'day Pat ... I expect we'll get turned off when they get to the office ...

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 1,762

Happy St David's Day!

I'll save you some Welsh Cakes! 

Take care all. 

My garden and I live in South Wales. 

Ooh yes please Aunty Rach! image

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 5,949

Oooooh, we are still here.

Don't go.

Snow nearly as bad as 2010, we are completely cut off.

There's one more kid
    that will never go to school
    Never get to fall in love,
    never get to be cool.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 12,472

Morning all.

We have decided to stay in a hotel rather than drive up the A11. Flight isn't cancelled - yet.