Forum home Problem solving

Spider Bite or Other Wound?

I was weeding in our shady landscape garden, under our Heritage Live Oak. Suddenly, I felt a strong burning sensation on my middle right finger. I removed my glove & my skin peeled off, of what I assumed was a blister, yet no blister prior to that day. I cleaned it, yet when I woke up today, the area is larger, swollen, stiff, still burning & now having nerve pain in the forearm. I have an immunodeficiency, so I avoid ER & urgent care. My doc opens in a couple days. Should I be concerned?

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,268

ER, DO YOU LIVE IN THE USA?

I’M AFRAID, IFYOU DO, THERE WILL NOT BE MUCH ADVICE THAT IS OF ANY USE TO YOU ON THIS FORUM. WE ARE ALMOST ENTIRELY BASED IN UK.

IS THERE ANY SORT OF LOCAL PARAMEDIC ORGANISATION WHICH YOU COULD CALL FOR ADVICE?

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • JmeJme Posts: 3

Here is pic in case it helps. It is so odd because I cannot bend my finger like the others, due to the swelling.

• JmeJme Posts: 3

Sorry, yes I am in the USA, Florida to be exact. By the way, I love Pansy's. :) Everywhere I look online, points to spider bite. I was hoping someone would say no, I had that happen too, it will go away in a few days. We do have some doctors available on weekends in walk-in centers, but the flu season is in high here now in the states & I have to be cautious due to my medical condition. Thank you anyways. ♡

• If your finger swells up to enormous proportions, then I imagine you should be concerned.  It would be entirely up to you as to whether you resorted to an Emergency Helpline, called an ambulance or decided it wasn't too serious and waited for your Doctor to offer his/her advice when open for business.

Unfortunately, as this is basically a Gardening Forum, you are unlikely to benefit from any medical advice before it is too lateimage

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

Someone with an immunodeficiency that hasn't sorted out where to get emergency help for infection ?

I find this hard to believe.