The blue 'Privacy settings' box in the bottom right corner is a new legal requirement under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It can’t be dismissed or hidden as the idea is that it must be easy to access at all times should you wish to change your settings.

Climbers for north facing wall

2»

• Sandra100Sandra100 Posts: 122

I've got two pots, one on each side of my front door.  They're a decent size but not huge.  It's north facing and I've got a clematis in each one.  Every year I refresh the compost, just by about 4 inches.  I always think they've had it when they die down after flowering, but they come back every year and create a lovely display.  

So I would say, just go for it.  Sorry I don't know the varieties, they were really cheap, I think I got them from Morrissons for £2 each.  If you don't try you'll never know.  It's worked for me!!

• Sandra100Sandra100 Posts: 122

Forgot to say, there's a trellis above each one, and I just tie them in as they grow.

• lovegardening77lovegardening77 Berkshire Posts: 213

Thankyou Sandra, I will give it a go.

• FfiongreenowFfiongreenow Cardiff Posts: 15
    Hiya - I have susie harwhistle rose from harkness growing on a North wall and doing really well. It's about to flower and I only planted it from. Bare root in February. X
  • Jason-3Jason-3 Posts: 130
    I'e just planted a climbing rose in a large terrocota pot...West facing.  Not sure how it will get on. But I can only try
  • Richard HodsonRichard Hodson Posts: 657
    North wall. Pot. Clematis. Picture taken this morning. Don't be put off by all the clematis myths.
  • lovegardening77lovegardening77 Berkshire Posts: 213
    I will give clematis a go. Thankyou everyone!
  • FfiongreenowFfiongreenow Cardiff Posts: 15
    I know you said you'll try clematis but here's a picture of susie harwhistle at the moment...  Its in a raised sleeper bed and smells lush 

2»