Forum home Tools and techniques
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

multi tool strimmers

hi iam looking to buy a multi tool strimmer. there two I like but not sure which one to buy can anybody help the frist one is a cobra mt250c and the next one is sct 501 made by sgs  thanks

• Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 3,154

Hello penny magic

Personally , I wouldn't use any other combi-tools but the Stihl KM series . In the course of my profession , I use these all the time . The hedge trimmer attachment is exceptionally good .

Initially they may seem expensive , but (with good maintenance) their durability pays off . There are many cheap imitations on the market and it's a matter of personal taste , but I swear by them .

• ColinAColinA Posts: 392

As a retired garden machinery dealer I would only recommend Stihl or Husqvarna, they are more expensive but far better quality and easy to get spares if required. As always you get what you pay for

ColinA

• Hello Penny,

My Husband had the Cobra strimmer and although it was great it only seemed to last 6months before it stopped working. So he got a new one, the only reason I know is that I bought him it for his birthday! He has another one now but I'm not sure what the make is. 

Anne

• I bought this item as I have hedges to clip and trees to prune. The assembled hedge cutter works well even with its extension shaft fitted.The chainsaw did not function at all until I made mechanical adjustments to its bevel gears, it now performs well. Overall I am pleased with the tool as its motor starts easily. The metal parts are well made and designed. Much of the engine looks plastic but it is there for lightness. With care, this should do a lot of work before it gives up, and spares seem cheap and available. In use, it is quite heavy after a while, but any tool that reached as far as this does would be. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars because the factory either missed something out of the chainsaw or its bearing housing was machined too deep.