Couldn't be further from gardening - earworm issues

Ok older chaps: you remember the TCP advert.

# If you've a troublesome sore throat sore throat

Although you wore your hat and coat hat and coat......#

I could go on...

What I NEED to know is where the original tune comes from.

Please release me. Let me go. God how I hated that song!

The TCP tune didn't bother me much.

It occurs to me that if a jingle can stick in your brain for 30 or 40 years, modern advertisers are missing a trick.

That might be a good thread - jingles. But not earworms. I and extremely susceptible.

In London. Keen but lazy.

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,633

Ribena advert

dooby do, dooby do, dooby do.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • B3B3 Posts: 10,532

I think I might have been spared that one  Fb but there's doobeedoos burrowing into my psycheimage

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,626

I have terrible trouble with ear worms, especially adverts. I try not to watch them. I don't remember that TCP one, but I know which one fb is talking about. There are dozens of them lurking in my hind brain; murray mints murray too good to hurry mints; it's too orangey for crows, it's just for me and my dog (da boogie boogie boogie dum) to name but two from the 80s (?).

sigh

Flying...
    Or am I falling?
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,409

"You'll wonder where the yellow went,

When you brush your teeth with Pepsodent."

Around the same time, there was the geeky-looking man with a Scots accent who came on in a lab coat (he would have had a clipboard, but they'd yet to be invented)  and announced sternly:  "Twoo tea towels were made dirrrty,"  one of course to be washed in Brand X and the other in whatever the advert was for.  My brother and I amused ourselves and each other by mimicking Mr. McLabcoat and exaggerating his accent.

Some ad lines just cried out to be reversed:  such as the cat food that kept pussy youthful, advertised with a picture of two cats and the slogan:  "Which cat's the grandmother?"  And Spangles, "Double-wrapped, to keep all the flavour in and all the dirt out."

Aah, happy days, before they started making ads so fanciful that you can't figure out what the product is.

• RG that was my wee brother's favourite. Aaaaah'll be your dawwwwg!

I'm terrible for earworms. They get in and stay for days or even weeks until everyone around me is ready to punch me clean in the face!!!! I've even been tempted to do it myself!!! image

Ravel' s  Bolero is an absolute b####r as is Black Magic Woman.image

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 22,264

Am I the only person who read that as " earthworm issues" ?

Devon.

nope and it was my post!

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 22,264

Devon.
  • Well it was not the gargling horse it went gargle gargle gargle (ad infinitum) then spit, wait for it------If you do not want to sound Hoarse gargle with TCP.

Frank.