Forum home The potting shed

Adam Frost - Gardeners World

I see that Adam isn't showing us the development of his new garden on GW like he was last year. I wonder if its because he has since started to run a gardening school from his new house, with GW perhaps not wanting to appear to be supporting one of its presenters business interests?

Its a shame, I was interested in watching it develop.

Last edited: 08 September 2017 19:11:48

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,638

what about Monty's endless books?

Devon.
  • Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 2,912

I may be unique here , but I don't particularly rate either of them very highly ; just TV celebs with an inclination towards gardening ; think of all the royalties they collect from their rather mundane publications ; and as for what 'Monty' apparently knows , a novice gardener would be non the wiser after watching GW.image

There's definitely more expertise and 'know-how' on this forum .

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Yes , you're probably right ; too many vodkas , thoroughly fed up . Had long hard day and apologies if offended anyone image

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,594

Paul , cheers , large lemon Gin at moment ?

Personally like both , after all it is a TV programme , entertaiment but known where you are coming from image

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 7,338

Large glass of wine hereimage.  I was wondering what was happening with Adam's garden. It's a shame as l was interested in the development and the planting he was doing (Also rather envious of the lovely house and all the room he had to build a vegetable garden etc).

Typical that one of the more interesting segments (to me) on GW may not be shown anymore image

Adams house is near (or in) Stamford apparently ; not a million miles from where I live .

If anyone likes quaint medieval architecture , that's the place to visit .

One thing I do envy , the large walls around some of his garden image ; some of the different climbing plants I could plant up those .

• LoxleyLoxley Posts: 3,118

D'you know, I always look forward to Adam's bits. I play a drinking game where I down my vodka every time he superfluously says "d'you know..." Next time you watch GW, count how many times he says it! 

WillDB

Nice one ; "d'you know" ; from Nottingham myself originally !! image .