The blue 'Privacy settings' box in the bottom right corner is a new legal requirement under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It can’t be dismissed or hidden as the idea is that it must be easy to access at all times should you wish to change your settings.

Thalictrum

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
The user and all related content has been deleted.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 24,624

I don't find thalictrums respond well to being messed about with. I only grow species so all will come true from seed and I let them seed

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 3,755

I only dead head thalictrums if I can see tiny buds which will produce more flowers. I only cut them back if they've been blown over by strong wind or if they start to look really untidy.

Like Nut - on the whole I tend to leave them to do their own thing and have found they self seed quite well. The seedlings don't mind being moved to a new spot in spring.

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • BorderlineBorderline Posts: 1,905

Thalictrums always tend to flop over once they have finished flowering. I used to cut all the stems right down and leave the foliage. It's the foliage that is of interest and a great foil for other plants later on. I don't see any problems with dividing up. Best to do it next spring. 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 24,624

collect and sow when ripe chrissie, don't save it, needs cold rather than heat to germinate.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0