Forum home The potting shed

Pancake Tuesday

Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 27,945

Do you have them for breakfast, after lunch or teatime? Do you have them with butter, lemon and sugar or maple syrup? I like mine with lemon and sugar but have been known to have butter as well. Enjoy!

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

We'll be eating ours as an evening meal with raspberries, honey and possibly a splash of ice cream. Shrove Tuesday is after all traditionally a feast for the calories!

• My daughter and I just polished off some for breakie! Honey, cinnamon and lemon juice were our toppings of choice this morning! YUM!! ?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,372

We love pancakes. image

We'll have them for our supper - both courses image image

we'll have ham and cheese pancakes followed by pancakes with raspberries and creme fraiche or lemon and sugar - OH may have golden syrup on his too!!!

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Is that Nutella MU? Apparently it's full of palm oil - destroying rain forests and increasing health problems - revolting stuff image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532

We'll have them for lunch, about 12.00 o'clock. With dried currants in the pancake when cooking with lemon and caster sugar. Sometimes have them any other time.image

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 7,952

Any way at all, if you are offering!

Somewhere in my heart
    There is a star that shines for you
    Silver splits the blue
    Love will see it through
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 27,945

Lunch time?

• Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 2,540

Down with Nutella! image

You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 27,945

Hear hear Papi Jo!

Muddle-Up says:

I have a sneaking feeling that we had them with strawberry jam and sugar, when I was a child.....but I could be wrong.  That might have been left-over Yorkshire pudding.....image

See original post

I was telling OH about leftover Yorkshire pudding on Sunday - we used to have ours warmed up with golden syrup, or sometimes with butter and brown sugar - that was wonderful - you've never lived if you've not had left-over Yorkshire pudding served like that ... mind you, Ma had to cook an extra big one to make sure there was enough for two meals image