Pancake Tuesday

Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 24,586

Do you have them for breakfast, after lunch or teatime? Do you have them with butter, lemon and sugar or maple syrup? I like mine with lemon and sugar but have been known to have butter as well. Enjoy!

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

We'll be eating ours as an evening meal with raspberries, honey and possibly a splash of ice cream. Shrove Tuesday is after all traditionally a feast for the calories!

• My daughter and I just polished off some for breakie! Honey, cinnamon and lemon juice were our toppings of choice this morning! YUM!! ?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 54,458

We love pancakes. image

We'll have them for our supper - both courses image image

we'll have ham and cheese pancakes followed by pancakes with raspberries and creme fraiche or lemon and sugar - OH may have golden syrup on his too!!!

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Muddle-UpMuddle-Up Posts: 14,108

Not bothering with pancakes.  

I quite like them any time of year, not just for the pre-Lent blow-out ( which I don't subscribe to ) but not the Scottish ones....which are more like a sweet, thickish girdle/griddle scone to me.  Pancakes I grew up with are more like crepes.  Lemon and sugar, please, or golden syrup and butter!

We'll be having a good, hot chili tonight!

Enjoy them, though...only....please....not with that disgustingly sugary brown stuff they advertise on telly image

Aberdeenshire, NE Scotland 🌞  
    FIDDLESTICKS AND FLAPDOODLE!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 54,458

Is that Nutella MU? Apparently it's full of palm oil - destroying rain forests and increasing health problems - revolting stuff image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,533

We'll have them for lunch, about 12.00 o'clock. With dried currants in the pancake when cooking with lemon and caster sugar. Sometimes have them any other time.image

Nice, Logan!

Nutella, yes, vile.

Last edited: 28 February 2017 08:53:59

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 6,908

Any way at all, if you are offering!

You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand
    The things you think are precious, i don't understand
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 24,586

Lunch time?

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable

I have a sneaking feeling that we had them with strawberry jam and sugar, when I was a child.....but I could be wrong.  That might have been left-over Yorkshire pudding.....image