Forum home The potting shed

Very excited about my RHS birthday present

my OH has just given me my birthdays presents, a subscription to the RHS and I'm very excited image. Unfortunately all the membership details haven't come through yet.

im planning on visiting lots of gardens and making the most of it. We live in Birmingham but are happy to travel to see gardens. Any suggestions would be more than welcome as well as any other advantages the membership will give me.

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 3,786

I'd be excited too Angela! imagewhat a fantastic gift! Share pictures of your visits please!

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,424

You can use the RHS website t access info about the RHS gardens which are free to members, partner gardens which are free to members at certain times or all year, depending on teh garden.

You get preferential entry to the big shows - Chelsea, Malven, Hampton Court, Tatton and a new one at Chatsworth plus free access to help and advice from the website and also by email from RHS experts if you can't find what you need on the site which also includes a plant finder and a plant selector so you can find which plants will suit your garden and who is selling them.

And you get a monthly magazine full of news, advice, visits to gardens and the possibility to order seeds collected from RHS gardens.

Lots of lovely stuff.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 32,465

Harlow Carr near Harrogate and Rosemoor in Devon are well worth visiting. You get free entry into Bodnant Gardens in North Wales - this is an absolutely stunning garden. There are others but I have not got around to visiting them myself as yet.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • CloggieCloggie Posts: 1,353

I get mine as a Chrimbo pressie from Mr Clog and this year we're going to the first presentation of the Chatsworth show on members day with 2 friends.  V. Excited.

Went to Chelsea on Members day the other year and loved it.  I'm not sure I'd go again (very busy) but I sort of know what to expect at Chatsworth this year now.

• Thanks, I'm very excited!! Just had a quick look on the website, think I'll start booking some shows.