Forum home Problem solving

Provado Vine Weevil Killer 2

madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 2,344

Does anyone know if Provado Vine Weevil Killer 2 is banned or permitted now?

“Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings

• madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 2,344

Can't seem to find much info on what is banned or not does anyone know where I can find out?

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

bayer garden Provado Vine Weevil Killer 2 available on A.......n.

other makes may be available 

SW Scotland
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 2,344

I have used nematodes with some success but I find them awkward (and expensive) as you have to use them by a certain date,right soil temperature,use mixture quickly etc.

I need something I can use on a couple of pots at a time!

• There's a fairly new nematode product, for use at 5 degrees - Nemasys L.  Provado is a no no,it's not discerning, so more beneficial insects are killed than the few bad ones.  It is, however, still available. 

H-C   

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

H-C,  As  I grow Heucheras in troughs, pots and hanging baskets I find it more convenient to water the compost with Provado.

SW Scotland
  • I know it's a point over which there's much disagreement. I promise you, running a garden centre and ensuring I buy and then keep clean the stock is a real headache. We've made it easy for vine weevil  by using perfect compost, easy for them to lay their eggs into and for the grubs to burrow around. Keeping plants well watered, and being vigilant at the time of year when the adults are activeis what I do. I accept Provado will be used. Yes, Fargro stock Nemasys L, I believe.

H-C