Forum home Garden design

Reliable weather implement.......

2»

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 23,384

On a more technical note, I once had a mini weather station which talked to my computer and measured rain levels, winds and temps.  Unfortunately it was killed by a -20C frost in 2008 so I didn't bother replacing it as I knew we could get worse - and did.

Wouldn't mind another to tell me what has happened but now rely on local forecasts for what will.  Love the idea of a stone though and will keep an eye out for local pine cones as backup.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

I have a weather station, it's got a remote sensor in the GH (open and unheated). Right now it's 4C out there, (21C in hereimage

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 23,384

What make and model and has it been reliable?

It isn't cold here but we're lighting a fire anyway as we've had a sparrow down both chimneys since they've been swept and it drives the terrier mad and that gets the Labrador going.  We're hoping the smell of fresh soot will put them off.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

it came from Aldi a long time ago Obelixx. There are probably more modern versions now. It's OK though

Only 3C out there now