Found this at the beach? when can i plant it and what is it from?

Hiya, I found this shell/casing for  a seed at the beach and wondered what it's from and can it be planted?

imagehere are some pictures :)imageimage

all answers are much appreciated, ajsski99

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,621

Looks like an Almond.

Tropical countries have something similar but larger that they call sea almonds that grow on Beaches. Where are you?

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Tetley says:

If I were you Archie, I`d pop that in a pot in some sandy soil - give it a drop of water and see what happens.   Good luck.

See original post

i think its from a stone fruit because i found it on a pebbly beach in south england ahah. probably from someone who was eating a stone fruit and threw away the core. ill plant it and see what happens

• fidgetbones says:

Looks like an Almond.

Tropical countries have something similar but larger that they call sea almonds that grow on Beaches. Where are you?

See original post

i think its from a stone fruit because i found it on a pebbly beach in south england ahah. probably from someone who was eating a stone fruit and threw away the core. ill plant it and see what happens

• Archie: I'm pretty sure that your 'mystery' seed is from a peach or nectarine! Pop it into gritty compost in a pot, place on a sunny windowsill & watch what may emerge from the soil.... in due course!! Enjoy!!

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,621

What does the other side(outside) of the shell look like?

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 8,155

I'm getting funny half formed memories from the photos, but can't drag the right memory out. I also think Nectarine or Peach, but it looks a bit rugged for them. image I'll keep thinking about it throughout the day.

S. E. NSW
  • fidgetbones says:

What does the other side(outside) of the shell look like?

See original post

• B3B3 Posts: 10,365

Looks like peach or nectarine

In London. Keen but lazy.