patti pan growing any advice welcome

hi all

this year i am attempting to grow patti pan summer squash which i was given last year from a friend. a strange space ship type shape however very tasty fried with garlic

so i have been told they grow up treliss so attached photo is my treliss panel with three plants planted ready to go upward.......i hope

The panel was a deal made a few gardens away at the plot which cost me a dozen raspberry cuttings i took last year so a bargain coz i have dozens more

If they work or not i will give updates over the season

happy gardeningimage

• treehugger80treehugger80 Posts: 1,873

I don't grow up a trellis, I just grow like a sprawling courgette under my sweetcorns

• chris 172chris 172 Posts: 403

Hi all

just an update on my patti pan plants and they are doing well with hopefully my first take this week.

This plant is a very strong plant and since feeding with comfrey they are going from strength to strength

happy gardeningimage

• chris 172chris 172 Posts: 403

Hi all

update on the harvest which has been slow starting however they are pushing on now

Very tasty roasted with garlic and other veg so progress good so maybe next year also.

None have managed to grow up the frame they just spread out on the floor which I no problems with

harvest collected today and the big white one was hiding under leaves

happy gardeningimage