A few IDs, please

Can anyone ID these plants? Thank you.

1. A shrub that is finishing blooming:

2. Two pictures.

3. Two pictures again.

4. I've assumed this plant was a weed so I have removed quite a bit of it. I now see that it has some flower buds.

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,630

Top one with pink flowers is a spirea

bottom one is a japanese autumn flowering anemone.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,236

Hi Pitter...where ya been?

The first is Spirea I think and I don't know the rest. The second one is very nice though. image

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,630

number 2 I'm thinking winter flowering jasmine, yellow flowers on bare stems. (jasminum nudiflorum) or something like that.

number three i'm thinking  Ruscus aculeatus or butchers broom.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 22,206

No1 spiraea shirobana,

agree with jasmine, ruscus and jap an.

Devon.

Course it's jasmine. I have it. image Dopey!

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,367

Number 3 Osmanthus?  Did it have small white perfumed flowers in the spring?

SW Scotland
  • Invicta2Invicta2 Posts: 663

I think that no3 is Sarcococca, the Christmas Box, the pictures show leaves rather than the peculiar cladodes found on Ruscus.

• Thank you, all! That was quick. Certainly looking forward to see the winter jasmine flowering. It it scented?

I've been very busy, but with the school year coming to a close, I finally have some time for gardening. I was very close to making it in the Gallery of Shame image.

How close???? image

Anything to confess?

• Joyce: I don't think it flowered.