Forum home Tools and techniques

Cheap gloves

Sainsburys have their pink gardening gloves reduced.  I think i bought some at £6 and they are now £2.50.  Not like expensive gloves, but very good for that.  I like them as they kind of fit snug not loose, hard to find sometimes for womens gloves.  

Also green ones for £2.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,107

I'll have a look on tomorrow's shopping trip. Do you think they're nettle proof?

• Thanks, I'll look out for those. 

I'm forever putting holes in the end of fingers where my nails catch the join between fabric seems. 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 24,707

Waitrose have theirs reduced too. About the same price I think.

Devon.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,610

I got some (the pink ones from Sainsburys) a couple of weeks ago. They're very good. Just wish they weren't pink! But I figured they'd dull off and get muddy soon enough.

'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • Only large size left in every type of reduced gardening gloves last weekend in Sainsburys.  I need bigger hands.

Shame as they were quality gloves at a really good price and I've been looking for some to stop my roses scratching me.

Last edited: 22 June 2016 21:16:45

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 5,040

I think Showa gloves are the best around. Possibly not the cheapest at around £6-7 but they last me about 6 months or so - and I do a lot of gardening. I like that they are a snug fit in the Small size and they also do a thermal pair for winter which are just great.

Hilliers sometimes reduce the price so I buy a couple of pairs when I see them.

• a1154a1154 Posts: 760

I have pulled nettles with them.. They are sort of (fake) leather front and pink fabric backs.