Forum home Plants

Campanula Russel Pritchards Variety

Peanuts3Peanuts3 Posts: 759

I bought Campanula Russel Pritchards Variety 4 years ago, its been brilliant and a really great plant for the flowerbed. 

However this year it out of the 3 plants, only one of them is doing well, the other plants only have a couple of new shoots.

Should I have attempted to take cuttings, do they only last for this long ? Or has something else gone wrong ?

I'm rubbish at taking cuttings, never seems to work, would it be worth trying it now from the healthy plant.  Assume this is the correct way to propogate.

Any advice gratefully received.  They don't seem to have seeded either as I was hoping for that.

Thank you.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 80,541

Have the slugs and snails been at them? 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,644

I think division is the propagating method here Pnuts. I've seen splendid specimens of this but mine don't last any longer than yours. They gradually dwindle away

• Peanuts3Peanuts3 Posts: 759

They seem a bit woody and hollow last year's stems where I cut them back. Maybe I need to buy some more. They don't seem to have got big enough for division. Thank you anyway b