Forum home The potting shed

The cutting garden 2016

• MackersMackers Posts: 21

Wow a whole collection of croc jugs....I have envy! Lovely blooms too, my cutting bed hasn't really got going yet, the ten week stocks have gone way over ten weeks with no sign of flowers

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,371

Yep, thats what all the polishing was for. I have some brass ones as well, part of a job lot. Interesting how they varied, some had different handles, even though they are all J S & S Sankey reptile pattern, Circa 1920 - 1930 They vary from a  1 pint to 8 pints.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234

Ha! I knew I loved it. Gorgeous! 

Hubby now wants me to put them all back on eBay as they are filling a shelf in the garage.

Copper is very in at the moment you know....

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234

http://image1.gardenersworld.com/87356.JPG?tag=05be89c1-6404-409f-b1cd-f038eaa9b030&width=1024&quality=80

You could always do this with them image or something similar.

Last edited: 12 June 2016 15:30:54

• FritillaryFritillary WiltshirePosts: 457

I have some roses to show.image

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• Fritillary those roses are absolutely beautiful would love to see a photo of them in your garden.

imageimage

Delphiniums and knautia got a battering in the rain, so I brought them in.

• MackersMackers Posts: 21

this is my first full vase from the garden this summer; rose Gujarat, anenomes, sweet peas, verbena b, salvias &I some red robin foliage...feeling rather pleased to come back from a week away to this lovely offering from the garden!

A nice bright bunch.image

I have only picked three sweet peas so far .