Forum home Talkback

Ideas for Parterre Garden infill

Foxy66Foxy66 Posts: 5

Hi

We are lucky enough to have a 4 sectioned parterre garden with each bed approx 5m X 2 m , the beds have been neglected for years before we bought the house and this year we would like to make it all more loved and cared for. My original thought was to fill all 4 beds with lavender but I think this is too boring. Has anyone got any good ideas ? The less maintenance the better as we don't have a lot of time .., I would like the same design in all 4 beds to give it a formal look . Many thanks xx 

• You could do lavender, I saw some last year and growing through it was Verbena bonarensis it looked stunning !!!

I also saw last year The naked gardener and he grew Berberis with bronze leaves in his parterre, I did wonder if he put clothes on when he pruned it.

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,671

I am after doing one like this, I have all the Salvias seedlings coming on, just hoping I get time to dig it. This was in a garden to visit near to me, it was buzzing with bees, very pretty.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,536

Hi foxy, any chance of a pic of the parterre and idea of its situation sun wise etc?

lyn the one you visited looks gorgeous, would love to see yours even if work in progress image

also foxy I would think about planting up for all seasons 

• Foxy66Foxy66 Posts: 5

http://webkit-fake-url://7348e71b-092a-4a4d-8903-933f1072e0e7/imagejpeg

• Foxy66Foxy66 Posts: 5

Thank you for your replies, here is a picture .