What a morning

All been happening here this morning..firstly I noticed I have blueberries forming on my potted plant...then I was about 3 foot at most away from a pair of Goldcrest on our fir tree..and now just noticed the House Martin's have arrived..great start to the day and maybe just maybe it's starting to look a bit summery out there..well till the weekend image

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 15,098

image live for today.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,536

It's gorgeous out there - we've a pair of greenfinches on the feeder in the front garden and a robin taking mealworms from our hand in the back garden image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,270
    There goes your blueberries then, PB.image
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• darren636darren636 Posts: 666
    Willow tits yesterday and just now a goldcrest happily flitting around in the hedge image
  • Muddle-UpMuddle-Up Posts: 14,287

We've just freed five tortoiseshell butterflies from the old shop in our garden......what a glorious day!imageimage

Aberdeenshire, NE Scotland 🌞  
    FIDDLESTICKS AND FLAPDOODLE!
  • pompeyboypompeyboy Posts: 98

Ooooh i say i got carried away yesterday by saying i have blueberries coming...oh dear..a senior moment meant to say blackcurrantsimage

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,505

Used to have lots of greenfinches but they got succumbed to that illness going round as I haven't seen any for several years.   We do get chaffinches though and a full range of sparrows and tits (except long-tailed which I've only seen once).

Depending on the season we also get lots of small brown jobs such as robins, wrens, warblers, siskins and so on plus blackbirds and fieldfares but not mistle or song thrush.  Then there's spotted woodpeckers and turtle doves and jays and jackdaws and crows plus an occasional sparrowhawk swooping in.

Very few butterflies last year despite all sorts of nectar plants for them and the nettle patch I leave.   

Our blueberries haven't blossomed yet.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • chris 172chris 172 Posts: 403

Hi all

with all my digging and garden reshuffle I have had a blackbird and a robin as my best friends clearing up as I go.

Its great to see the smaller birds doing well as I am sick of the sight of wood pidgeons and magpies (rats with wings)

happy gardening

• michael mpcmichael mpc Posts: 422

hi all   I don't know if this is the right place to put this      I have  150 cara seed pots main crop  I want  to give them away  no catch   free   anyone who can get  to Brandon village durham     you can have them        ps    sorry if I have put this  in wrong  place   just  drop me  a message     Michael          if  I cannot give them away  in bin they go    thanks  again