Forum home The potting shed

Winter is finally over here :)

The lake is melting but we have a bit of an iceberg on the pier. This little beauty has been just under the surface in temperatures which reached below -30 degrees and then just pops her head out today from the remaining snowimage

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 80,446

Brrrrrrrrr!  That makes me feel chilly Dachalover - but it's good to see you image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• DachaloverDachalover Posts: 776

Cheers Dove.....we have been hibernating as well but as you can see from my wonderful wife we are preparing for a BLOOMING Summer .... when the Winter is so long you cherish the warmer periods , just like our plantsimage

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 80,446

Now that makes me feel warmer - there's nothing like a blazing fire and a stack of firewood to make you feel snug and cosy.

What's going in the pots?

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• DachaloverDachalover Posts: 776

Mostly begonias of all varieties ....phlox and some other bits and bobsimage

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

We took a group of school pupils to Russia 20 years ago and saw the dachas outside Moscow set in beautiful woodlands..Many of them had fruit, veg and flowers in their gardens.

SW Scotland