Forum home The potting shed

How do I add quotes from previous posts?

I've tried highlighting the section I want to quote, clicking 'quote' in that post, and then clicking the '' button at the top in my new post.  I've tried just clicking the quote button and then going to my new post and clicking the '' button.  Neither works.  I'm probably missing something simple.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,729

Almost there - because of an odd (and relatively recent) idiosyncracy you need to click on Quote and then on UnQuote (which appears when you click on Quote).

Then go to the " button and you should find it works image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,729

Oh by the way, I find it best to quote the whole post - then add my comment, then edit the quote - it seems to work better that way. image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• KT53KT53 Posts: 4,090
    Dovefromabove wrote (see)

Almost there - because of an odd (and relatively recent) idiosyncracy you need to click on Quote and then on UnQuote (which appears when you click on Quote).

Thanks.  I would never have worked that one out by myself.

• Steve 309Steve 309 Posts: 2,753

Almost there - because of an odd (and relatively recent) idiosyncracy you need to click on Quote and then on UnQuote

Aha!   I, too, have been unable to do this till now.  Thanks, Dove image

(and I even managed to delete a bit!)

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,107

and nut says

what I can't do is separate the quote  from what I write

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 30,518

I do my reply first so it's outside the quote box when it appears - then I move it down a bit and put the quote in above and amend it then if necessary, like Dove described image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

ah. I'll try that

Fairygirl wrote (see)

I do my reply first so it's outside the quote box when it appears - then I move it down a bit and put the quote in above and amend it then if necessary, like Dove described image

• Nut - You need to make sure the cursor is flashing outside of the quoted box.

I done itimage

Thanks Fairy

• David K wrote (see)

Nut - You need to make sure the cursor is flashing outside of the quoted box.

Some message crossing me thinks.