cutting lawn

not really the time of year for cutting the lawn but wondered if could get away with it.

its only a couple of inches high but looks so much better when trimmed

still warm down here in kent, i have tulips coming up etc, but if a frost comes soon... ?

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

Many people are still cutting their lawns at the moment Bonsai with the warm weather. Keep it higher than normal though.

• I had to cut mine around ten days ago. I am NOT going to be happy if I have to cut it in January...

• ill cut it when get a drier day and then should last well till spring i hope

cant choose a length but ill try not to go as extreme

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,874

Mine could really do with a cut but it's just too wet at the moment. 

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • BLTBLT Posts: 525

Socould mine the only problem is the ground is soo wet and so it will not be a good cut so I left it..image

• I cut mine short in October for the last time this year but its put on lots of growth.

Looking out now at it from my warm armchair its still growing well but soaking

wet. If it dries out soon I may be tempted to trim with my hover just to keep it tidy.

Up here in Derbyshire its hardly ever stopped raining for weeks so its the cleaning of garden tools and mowers ready for Spring.

They do say you cannot kill grass though..I do subscribe to this somewhat.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,936

I dream of it ever being dry enough to cut my grass

Devon.
  • cornellycornelly Posts: 709

I lift the height of the mower cut, and mow when dry if it is growing right through the winter.

• BLTBLT Posts: 525

I guess theres a lot of lawns and land that are flooded at the moment. So many rivers have burst their banks and water meadows are flooded bigtime.. Crops are underwater and will they ever dry out.

This morning I looked at a news video of a bridge in Tadcaster just as it collapsed and fell into the raging torrents of a very fast flowing river in full flood.. Its all looking like an ecological disaster and not in some far off distant third world country. Its happening here and now..