Forum home Plants

Top 3 plants

Which 3 plants have given you the most pleasure this year? Mine have been Clematis Amethyst Beauty, Dahlia Nuit d'ete and Alstroemeria Pandora because they have flowered their socks off for monthsimage

• kathy 6kathy 6 Posts: 261

Stipa Gigantea here too, still looking good, salvia 'Penny's Smile' been  flowering since May and still going strong and a lovely clematis 'Kaiu' which covered two huge shrubs and flowered all summer, that's not including all the daylilies of courseimage

• kathy 6kathy 6 Posts: 261

Just a few Verdun image

• 1. Aster frikartii Monch is still not quite finished, it has been a mass of flowers since early summer.

2. Various alstroemerias, still flowering well after many months.

3. Daylilies.

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 12,181

Lupinus Masterpiece, Salvia Amistad and Dahlia HS Wink. 3 is never enough.

Consequences, altered cases
    Broken noses, altered faces
    My ego altered, altered egos
    Wherever I go, so does me go
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 10,227

Delphiniums (not named ones, but they have got to be blue)

Rose constance spry

Rudbeckia indian summer - which is still flowering its socks off now

......next year it'll be a different 3 .....thats why I love gardeningimage

• I'm googling all of these, I can see my wishlist getting a lot longer, I know Verdun choosing only 3 is tough, shall we do top ten?image

• Kathy I love daylilies but have so little space in sun, is there one that will cope with shade? The two Salvia's mentioned so far are gorgeous and that Lupin Punkdoc- I love, love, love it, what a colour!

• B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 22,848

Primroses, Arthur Bell roses and a blue geranium I don't know what it's called but it's  not the one with the pointy leaves and pansies with angry faces.

In London. Keen but lazy.