Forum home The potting shed

Autumn colour

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 72,656

The autumn sun is shining and although the garden is looking a bit dishevelled, there are some glorious colours still shining ...

Naked boys in the Wilderness image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 72,656

... and there's more

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• cornellycornelly Posts: 959

Lovely, we have quite a lot of colour still, the patio pot mums just coming into flower to extend the season.

• hi Dove the second picture from last I think is a Tradescantia,which one is it Dove? It's lovely and I want one.

Bb, it's Athyricum niponicum 'Pewter Lace' - one of the Japanese Painted Ferns image

Think I bought it from Notcutts.

Chrissy, it's not a tradescantia - it's a Roscoea purpurea bought from Carrie Thomas at Touchwood http://www.touchwoodplants.co.uk/aquilegias.htm image

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,460

and the clematis below freckles?

Devon.

Hosta, it's C. Will Goodwin (grp 2) image

Oh, I've got him already. image He's one of those in the polytunnel waiting to go into the wooden boxes on the terrace by the fence.

Devon.

He's taken a while to get going - I'm going to prune him hard this spring and speak to him severely.   Do you think that firm treatment will do the trick?

it'd do it for me

Devon.

Pruning!?!?! image