Forum home The potting shed

Plant markers

pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,673

No gardening today for me because I went to see The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime at the theatre. While there, stopped for a coffee and cake and saw that the cutlery was all made of birchwood. Too nice to throw away. It occurred to me that they would make pretty plant labels. So I wrapped them up in a paper napkin and brought them home. Bag lady or what?image

Anyway, they are for sale all over the place online but they look like these, which I think might be the cheapest.

http://www.makro.co.uk/compost-me-wooden-forks-x100.html?gclid=CJy2iNrTkMgCFUNAGwodDNUNHg

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 47,289

Look good pansyface  image

Would you use them spiky end up or put that end in the ground - or would it depend on what you wanted to keep away from the plants as well?  image image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,673

Hmm, I have kebabbed myself on a skewer once so I think pointy side down for me. There are some rather nifty little steak knives too.image

I thought they might look quite pretty at plant sales or with a message on them with presents.

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 12,209

You can buy wooden tongue depressors, as used by doctors, fairly easily, [ I believe ] on line, which should be good. I haven't tried them myself.

Consequences, altered cases
    Broken noses, altered faces
    My ego altered, altered egos
    Wherever I go, so does me go

I wonder if they recycle them?imageimage