Which Cornish Garden to visit in September?

13»

• Maybe so...........it still has a bit more impact than your average house tho.

I heard recently that Persimmon and Charles Church housing developments are falling apart before they even got sold....no flat roof.....just simply bad design..........I doubt whether anyone will think they are worth preserving for the future.

Having said that, I think Dove is just looking for a good place to visit so I'll shut up nowimage

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,548

Have to agree with Hosta on  Drogo..

i did write quite a long piece on this but deleted it, don't want to turn Doves thread into a debate.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,222

I've long been fascinated by Castle Drogo but have never been - however I don't think this is the trip that will change that. 

We visited the Eden Project a few years ago image  but have never been to Heligan or Trelissick - I've a feeling that they'll be the gardens of choice this year, given where we're going to be based - that is if the weather isn't suitable for constant sunbathing and paddling on the beach image

Thanks for the ideas everyone image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

philippa smith2 wrote (see)

Hosta..........you really like the Elephant House and the other little concrete job at Whipsnade better than Drogo ??...

Are you mistaken Philippa? http://www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/en-36187-elephant-house-whipsnade-#.VfUdV5fD8n4

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Probably Dove.....it won't be the first ( or last ) time I suspect image.  So, yes, my apologies to Hostafan for the architectural gaffe (tho not for my defence of Drogo I hasten to add )........I can only claim "Damson fever" I'm afraid.

Whichever gardens/houses you manage to visit, I do hope you have a wonderful holidayimage

Damson fever - a little known but alarming seasonal disorder affecting the memory of fruitivores image

Thanks - I'm sure we will image