Forum home Tools and techniques

Look what my husband made for me today :-)

A compost sieve that fits over my wheelbarrow. Simple but effective. So I tried it out this afternoon and fed my roses with my first batch of home-grown, freshly sieved compost. Lovely stuff image

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,000

Very good. What an organised couple you sound.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Daryl2Daryl2 Posts: 452

We try image and it's great to have a husband who enjoys problem solving and making things. And he cuts grass too! 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 66,294

What a very good Under Gardener you have - I'd keep him if I were you! image

Last year some of us gave our Under Gardeners an award! http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/the-potting-shed/under-gardener-award/342279.html

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Oh, that's a lovely thread image Mine doesn't really qualify as an Under Gardener because he only does the grass and very happily leaves everything else to me. But he is great at making and fixing things when I need help. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 66,294

We could invent some new ranks - what about Under Gardener in Training image and Gardener's Handyman image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Handyman Award definitely image Not sure I could cope with sharing my garden domain though with a UGIT though! He might start getting ideas about how things should be done image 

• That looks great Daryl2, clever OH image

Dove, it was lovely reading that thread again image