Forum home Plants

Monster Marigolds!

Ash BennetteAsh Bennette SouthamptonPosts: 22

My marigolds are looking tired and very past their best so I pulled them up.

I've used my 4 year old little monster for scale against one of them - I had 12 in all, anyone else have any monsters?! (flowers not Children!)

They took a bit of effort to put through the shedder before composting, didn't smell to good either!

• CeresCeres Posts: 2,138

Are the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles back in vogue? Huge plant by the way. What have you been feeding it?

• Ash BennetteAsh Bennette SouthamptonPosts: 22

Nothing except rain and sunshine! 

• chris 172chris 172 Posts: 403

Hi they look great

i have grown French and African marigolds before and the African grow the bigger

well done

• ElusiveElusive Posts: 992

Why did you pull it up o_o

They look great, wish mine grew like that.

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117

OMG I've never seen them so big, what are you feeding them on image

• ERICS MUMERICS MUM Posts: 561

I planted marigolds at 6pm one evening.  By 9am next morning the leaves were eaten down to the mid ribs and flowers covered in slug slime.  Never again.  So I take my hat off to you !

• chris 172chris 172 Posts: 403

Hi there are many types and the ones I have at my allotment give off a fantastic site and encourage the bees for pollination of all growing. Planted in April still going strong, dead heading every two days not much maintenance just let them go

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117

I've had a strange thing happening lately, I bought some compost for my planters and guess what's just started growing ...........marigolds image I haven't even planted any, I'm not complaining because they look nice but it makes me wonder what our compost is made from image Free flowers ey