Stoney, Slopy, Weedy New Garden!!
Hopeful of a bit of assistance, I am a complete novice gardener and a bit overwhelmed with the prospect of what needs done!
We moved into a new house about a year ago and I have now got round to thinking about the garden. It is on a slightly sloping site and has a huge retaining structure to the rear. There garden is completely covered in stone chips with weeds growing everywhere! There are large trees and bushes around the perimeter which are overgrown but do have some nice flowers from time to time.
I would like to overhaul the garden to create a more simple and ordered arrangement with 1 or 2 levels, I was thinking about the following:
1. Weeding throughout
2. Removing the majority of the trees and bushes around the perimeter
3. Lifting the stone chips and storing for later reuse
3. Erecting a screening fence/ extension to the existing fence between neighbours garden and ours
4. Installing some timber decking from the French windows for a table and chairs (not sure whether to maintain the floor level of house or keep the step down)
5. Upper level (s) would be either lawn, paving or combination of both with areas where I can reuse the stone chips
6. Having pots with different flowers dotted around.
7. Treating/ painting the timber retaining structure, potentially installing timber planting boxes on the structure.
It would be great if you could give me an idea of any potential no no's/ issues with these proposals and whether there are obvious things which should be taken into consideration.
Here are some photos, the garden is roughly 10 meters long by 9 meters wide (paced out so not exact):
Thanks so much for your ideas/ thoughts/ help!!!