Forum home The potting shed

At least it's well watered

About 8pm yesterday I put the sprinkler on to soften the ground ready for digging today.  I asked the missus to remind me at about 9 as I have a head like a sieve when I get involved in other things.

Fast forward to midnight - just nodding off when the missus says "Did you turn the hose off?".  Shot out of bed and out the back to turn off said hose.

As the title says - at least the ground is now well wateredimage

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,099

Are you on a meter?image

A friend was asked by the neighbour once to water their garden while they were on holiday.... They were on a meter........image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,180

i put the timer on the oven on to remind meimage

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,383

Me too Chicky!  image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,114
    You'd certainly remember if you were on a meter.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,383

We're on a meter - that's why I set the timer - I don't trust my memory!!! image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,388

I use the alarm on my phone.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• KT53KT53 Posts: 4,390

No we aren't on a meter.

Pity!
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 4,390

Harsh Welshonion.  Get out of the bed on the wrong side today did we?

We've been on a meter for the last 40 years. Farm and house. If you had to pay for your water you might not be so profligate. It's not that there is a shortage of water - it rains plenty enough - but the cost in energy to make it drinkable just for you to over-water your garden is a waste.