Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

autumn colour

happymarionhappymarion Posts: 4,591

If I can get them small enough I would like to show you some of the woderful colour that has greeted me in the Bristol Universiy Botanic Garden where I

am a volunteer gardener. Here is our duck in front of the medlar tree.

• happymarionhappymarion Posts: 4,591

Acers in the Pollination garden at the Bristol

Botanic Garden.

The Tulip Tree (Liriodendron) this week at the Bristol Botanic garden.

Thank to the facility to enlarge I now know the female mallard was in the picture too!

• wd

• We have a red-leaved Japanese acer in the garden that has turned the most fantastic, almost fluorescent red in the last week or so. I think it's because it has managed to hold on to its foliage until there was an overnight frost a few days ago, and it was after this that we noticed that the red had become brighter and more intense.

I just remembered I had taken a photo of the acer mentioned above. I've neer uploaded a photo here but it's a doddle, isn't it? So here you go.

LovelyL

• FloBearFloBear Posts: 2,281

Aren't they wonderful, HappyMarion?

Out and about today I was marvelling at the colours - lots of oak, beech and silver birch as well as the maples and cherries in people's gardens. I had to keep remembering to watch the road and not the foliage!! They brightened up a dull day.

And they make you feel warmer too, I think.

• Oh happymarion they are just beautiful. I went to the Botanic Gardens in Edinburgh in September. The weather was just so wet and horrid but the colours were still so amazing.

We didn't get to see all the gardens because of the wet weather, but what we did see was just lovely. We are in Scotland again in March so hopefully the weather will be kinder.