Forum home Talkback

I would like to identify a very tall plant I saw in minehead at may bank

extremely tall single flower spike growing at the side of a car park as if it was a weed.  large sereated leaves at the base no flowers so couldnt describe the flowers would love to know what it was.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,315

This is the most extremely tall flower spike I know of

Echium pininana - was it anything like that?

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• The height  of yours is taller and the leaves were at the base and the green leaves on yours might of been there but just looked like flower buds but was on a bus so didnt get a good look at it.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,107

This is beyond my ID skillsimage

• CeresCeres Posts: 1,823

Could it be a teasel?

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,107

Back on the bus, get off at the nearest stop, go and take a photoimage

Iwant a biggergarden wrote (see)

The height  of yours is taller and the leaves were at the base and the green leaves on yours might of been there but just looked like flower buds but was on a bus so didnt get a good look at it.

So nothing at all like it ...... yes, do as Nutcutlet says ..... get back on the bus image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• I live on the wirral 6 hours away from minehead, is there anyone who lives near the bus route to butlins minehead

• Could it be a mullion, verbascum ?

I'd have thought it would be hard to see 'serrated leaves' on something the size of a mullein from a bus window image

• I dissagre I think you would see.