There's Gratitude For You.....

..... you spend your time making the garden a bee friendly paradise then one of the little critters decides to hitch a ride on your shirt', unrequested,and then sting you for the privilege!! Right in the armpit as well..........Grrrrr image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 54,608

Ouch!!!  Poor you!!! image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,743

In the days when I rode a motorbike I once got one inside my visor. Whoaaaaaaaaa!image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,918

Poor you! Did it live to tell the tale?

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • Ha! Ha! Thanks folksimage It did smart a bit, however, I lived to tell the tale - what a trooper, eh - and so did the bee (although for a fleeting moment I was tempted to merge its *rse with its face courtesy of my size 9, although that wouldn't have been very bee friendly now, would it). From the bee's perspective I can imagine an armpit isn't the best place to find yourself......

And as it for it being a 'kiss', isn't that a bit like punching someone in the face and then saying you were just patting them on the head?

Glad it was only a smallish bee, though. Took a picture of a right monster further up the garden, earlier, trying to get itself into foxglove flower. Glad it wasn't that one I can tell you. Might try and post a picture of it as it was quite something.

As for motorbikes, bees and helmet visors....sounds like a recipe for a very unpleasant accident!!!

Rgds

Adam

• Katherine WKatherine W Posts: 410

Crashed my car in a deep ditch once, cause of a bee flying in my face... saw it coming through the steering wheel... tried to open window... left became right, then up became down, then there was the airbag, and then it all got very expensive.

Hope you are not too sore image