Forum home The potting shed

Pond!

The less booze addled of you may recall I put in a pond last year, this is how it looked today. image

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,695

Very smartimage

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • The little tree is covered in baby plums. Been seeing dragonflies emerging from the pond over the last few days too.

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 3,394

Looks fab Steveimage Love the rose.

What's the tall reed called?

• Thanks. image

On the right in the gravel bed surrounding the pond? It's a victoria plum on a very dwarfing stock.

Of course, if I wasn't blind then I'd have read that properly...

I can't recall, the labels were all in a box that went awol when I was clearing the greenhouse ready for its replacement...

Ah, blindness. I've heard what causes that.

• I'm too old for that type of nonsense!

• I'd certainly hope not! image

I'd be over the moon if I had dragonflies in the pond - how coolimage

I might keep an eye out for that reed although I suspect my pond is too small for anymore plants...

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 80,515

How lovely image

We watched dragonflies laying eggs around our pond last year, so are awaiting further developments ........... image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Amazing. I had to sort out one of the pots in the pond that had fallen over and to my delight I spied a newt in the pond! My other half thinks I am nuts to be quite so excited but this makes all of my effort, sweat and aches worthwhile!