Forum home The potting shed

weather warning

Cleared up everything in the garden and battoned down all the hatches earlierimage cos the weather man predicted storms. It's just started thunder and lightening but no rain yet image  hope it does cos I skipped some of the watering image

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,189

Here in the NW we are forcast heavy rain, possible storms Friday night. We've had really sunny weather the past few days too so the ground would benefit. Will need to put in some support for foxgloves in the garden.    

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,695

Spring and summer have been cut back. Part of the governemnt's austerity measures.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,189

Surely a referendum would be needed before the governement could do that.  

• ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 2,783

Perfectly normal. Surely everyone knows that the weather always turns foul as soon as the poppies and peonies come out?image

• Morning guysimage just had a garden reccy  and damp but no signs of storms  image phew!! So got away with not watering. They are forecasting flash storms todayimage .your right Buttercup the chairman put his hanging baskets up and that's normally a sign that's bad weather on the cards.imageimage

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,729

It's nearly 'that' time of year again ...

so we'd better make sure the water butts have plenty of capacity! image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,520

I can almost hear Cliff Richard singing, Dove...

Altogether now - "We're all going on a Summer Holiday......"  image

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • barry islandbarry island Posts: 1,054

They promised us thunderstorms last weekend so I used weed and feed on the grass but we haven't had any rain since so I have had to water the grass several times this week, they are promising us thunder storms this weekend so I won't hold my breath.

• Outdoor girlOutdoor girl Posts: 286

Very calm here - absolutely no wind. A slight rainfall and that's it.The garden is very parched and desperately needs rain.