wildlife camera project

Hi guys i posted on here a while ago asking you about my project and now i have finnished it. I cant upload the pictures to here is my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Raspberry-pi-project-wildlife-camera/411256749079241?fref=ts

here is a brief description of the camera: The camera does not have an infrared filter so it can see infrared light so i created a flash for it which uses infrared light, so it is not visable to humans of animals,  used this so it does not scare animals. The camera uses a PIR sensor to detect movement so it knows when to take a picture.

I would like to here what you think of the camera, do you like it? what would you change as its only a prototype? t

Thank you this will help me alot if you reply as it is for my A-Level systems and control course. 

• sanjy67sanjy67 Posts: 1,007

hi ben, your camera looks amazing and the photos are really good, is the strap the only way of fixing it? i realise it is a prototype but if i were to purchase a cmera of this type i would be looking for different ways to hang it as not everyone would have a tree or post to wrap the strap around, maybe something to enable it to be hung on a hook or similar.

I'm not sure if it's possible but it would be really brilliant if it could track the animal around the garden with 'roving' lense

In my ideal world it would take a photo of the animal  (usually fox or cat thieving my bulbs and digging holes) and then fire a water pistol at it image i love wildlife as long as its just passing through not destructing.

well done on your project, it's amazing image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,600

That looks great Ben image  The photos are really clear and you're right, the animals obviously aren't aware of the flash or camera at all.

I agree with Sanjy - more options for fixing it would be a good idea.  Could it be fixed to a stake which is hammered into the ground? image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ben malpassben malpass Posts: 13

Thank you very much for your feedback. i have but a photo up on my facebook page of the camera working at night.