Forum home Talkback

A Rant

I bought quiet a few packets of seeds from my local garden center last year and last night when I came to sow a packet I found to my horror no seeds in the packet at all.image I've not kept the receipt from the garden center so I have contacted the seed company they came from. 

Hopefully they can/will send a replacement but fingers crossed.

• PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 2,240

I bought a  pack of oriental poppy seeds which to my surprise had not one single seed in the foil packet. 

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 20,908

My daughter said that with a packet of petunias, when I took it out of the bin, they were in there, like the finest dust.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Blue OnionBlue Onion Posts: 2,909

Take it back to the garden center next time you stop by, they may replace it for you.  It's worth asking, even without receipts, etc.. they want to keep your business.  

Utah, USA.
  • Bubba RayBubba Ray Posts: 83

Cheers Blue Onion. Yesterday I got my GW mag delivered and also in the post was an envelope from the seed company. I opened it up and got a replacement packet of the seeds plus another.

RESULT image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 80,545

imageimageimage

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Gone off donuts now have you?imageThey only have 5 in the multi packs but bigger than a wagon wheelimage at least the ones they sell nowadays I can remember when they were this (---------------------!-!------------------------)bigimage

• Don't get me started on bloody Wago Wheels. The manufacturer is on record as saying 'they have not reduced the size, customers merely grew from children into adults...' imageimageimage

• I'll be popping down to the YMCA later!